Atlanta has a huge appetite for an in-town private school less expensive than Paideia.
An affordable in-town private school would create the following:
– traffic alleviation in from the suburbs
– greater community within the downtown/midtown/VaHi/Westside/Inman Park residents
– the ability for college graduate to stay in-town after having kids
What It Would Look Like:
– Focused on technology.
– Easy access to MARTA.
– Affordable for a household income of $60k+. Example: $5k-10k/year/per student
– Partnership with other private schools (not locally) but nationally. Example: the Avenues.
– First decade of school’s opening would be pre k-5th grade.
The ideal location would be anywhere between Piedmont Road and Spring St. north of Five Points MARTA Station and south of 17th street.
Atlanta is ripe for an affordable in-town private school. It’s the next step in bridging the cultural and transportation challenges facing our city. I predict it occurs within 5 years from this post.